(Background: I’m a huge fan of 3 things from my childhood. Dick Tracy, Knight Rider, and Inspector Gadget. I’m super excited to see my adulthood match what I loved as a child.)
I’ve been a watch wearer since childhood. Gone from digital, to analog, to even both at times. I own a Nike+ Watch (with GPS), a strap to fit my iPod Nano 6th Gen in, and a LG G Watch. While I’m not an expert, here are some thoughts on the Apple Watch today.
- This totally legitimized both the wearable category (sorry, Tory Burch+Fitbit) and NFC in wearable devices (which is genius, btw)
- It is the first device that is gender agnostic enough (and two sizes help) to really make a dent in the female wearable market
- That makes me wonder why they are giving up on Android users with a complete lock-in to the Apple ecosystem. The first company to accept cross platform users will make a killing (just look at Google Glass and Apple users.
- The price point is right in line with what Apple would charge. It will sell like hotcakes
- The amount of SKUs shows me that Apple understands the fashion/”me” factor of the device. The difference in price will be the X factor there.
- Battery life and connectivity need to be addressed publicly. Even if it’s an estimate, people want a general idea. Right now, its looking like a day, 2 tops. (which isn’t great)
- I don’t see death with other fitness wearables. It looks too nice to take to the gym- and if I can’t do music+BT headphones, what is the point?
- Along those lines, seems water resistant?
- Can’t wait to see the interface in person. Looks kludgy to me so far.
What are your thoughts on the Apple Watch?
This is amazing
So I finally got nominated (3 times in fact) for the Ice Bucket Challenge to support ALS.
For those unfamiliar w/ theprime lens line up I offer this little article I whipped up this afternoon.
"I live for the simple things, like how much this is gonna hurt."
We are huge fans of perfectly timed photos that capture perfect (and usually funny or unexpected) moments that come and go with a blink of the eye. The internet is abound with images shared by people who have captured images at just the right moment or from just the right perspective, so we wanted to share some more of them with you.
Penguin discovers a traffic cam. x
this is a toucan
Fish? Fish? FIIIIIIIIISH?